1. 2003: We got our first taste of the Jason Mraz fedora.
2. And the Britney Spears fedora.
4. 2003: That dark-hair-on-the-bottom look happened.
What is that even called? Reverse ombre? 2003 was a simpler time when no one ever used the word “ombre.”
5. 2013: The inverse: ombre hair.
Growing out your roots or trendy style choice? We’ll never know.
6. 2003: Kelly Clarkson had a tiny scarf.
At the time, that scarf seemed like the coolest part of her “Miss Independent” video.
9. 2003: The trend of butt logos was beginning to blossom.
Butt communication was on its way to an all-time high.
10. 2013: It was hard to find a summer dress that didn’t have a cutout.
Random patches of skin were at an all-time high.
11. 2003: We just sat back and let velour sweatsuits happen.
15. 2003: The lead singer of Train wore this nice shirt.
In the “Calling All Angels” video. And are those cords?
16. And Justin Timberlake demonstrated this classic everydude look.
18. 2003: Tall boots were high heeled and pointy, especially if you were going to kiss Madonna.
20. Unless it was a wedge boot.
May God have mercy on your soul.
26. 2003: Britney Spears wore this.
Remember white belts? And the rest of…this?
27. 2013: Katy Perry wore this.
28. 2003: Jeans with the faux crotch crinkles were all over the place.
32. 2003: You might spot a Muppet coat.
Bonus points for that handkerchief hem.
33. 2013: You still might spot a Muppet coat.
34. 2003: Justin Timberlake wore this cool hat.
40. 2003: The golden era of popped collars.
(Note: Photo is a reenactment.)
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit could be a "turning point" in saving the planet. The talks in Paris include 196 countries 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›