1. This man is holding the world’s biggest onion.
It weighs more than 18lbs – or over eight kilograms.
2. He loves it like a child. And he’s not alone in this respect.
3. Many men have special connections with large vegetables. This weightlifter is holding an eight stone marrow.
4. And this man is deeply pleased that his tomato weighs over two kilograms.
5. Some men carry large vegetables around with them so they always have something to lean on.
6. And some men like to take their vegetables out of the greenhouse so they can see the world.
7. One man was so pleased with this enormous carrot that he had it surgically attached to his face.
8. Of course there’s nothing new about man’s obsession with giant vegetables.
9. This policeman’s expansive marrow saved lives during the Battle of Britain.
10. And people weren’t judgemental in the 1950s. This man loved his triple marrow, despite its obvious issues.
11. But today the popularity of growing giant vegetables is exploding. Many young boys now spend their time dreaming of oversized pumpkins.
12. There’s no stopping the glut of giant vegetable mania, which helps keep children off the streets and is credited with contributing to a fall in the youth crime rate.
13. This man was so happy with his enormous cabbage that he used it as a bouquet on his wedding day.
It is not known where the bridesmaid who caught it escaped unscathed.