1. Who’d be a politician? You get constant abuse, have to talk to the general public AND get told by your advisors to eat bacon sandwiches to prove you’re a man of the people.
2. Still, Ed Miliband found himself in this position while out campaigning on Wednesday morning.
Bit of gristle? Know the feeling.
Jim Waterson is the UK deputy editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in London. Waterson focuses on politics.
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›