In 2013, the average cost of raising a child (to age 18) was $245,340. Kids are priceless, but in the interest of math, here are some non-toddler things that money could get you:
3. Pay off your student loan debt about eight times over.
(Based on the average debt of $29,400 per student in 2013.)
9. PLUS 136,300 sides of guacamole, which costs $1.80 extra.
- The gun allegedly used by an undocumented immigrant to shoot and kill a woman on a San Francisco pier last week may have been stolen from a federal agent.
- Fox has secured the rights to make a movie about the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on marriage equality.
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.