In 2013, the average cost of raising a child (to age 18) was $245,340. Kids are priceless, but in the interest of math, here are some non-toddler things that money could get you:
3. Pay off your student loan debt about eight times over.
(Based on the average debt of $29,400 per student in 2013.)
9. PLUS 136,300 sides of guacamole, which costs $1.80 extra.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.