In 2013, the average cost of raising a child (to age 18) was $245,340. Kids are priceless, but in the interest of math, here are some non-toddler things that money could get you:
3. Pay off your student loan debt about eight times over.
(Based on the average debt of $29,400 per student in 2013.)
9. PLUS 136,300 sides of guacamole, which costs $1.80 extra.
10. Clean water for life for over 9,800 people in the developing world.
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲