In 2013, the average cost of raising a child (to age 18) was $245,340. Kids are priceless, but in the interest of math, here are some non-toddler things that money could get you:
3. Pay off your student loan debt about eight times over.
(Based on the average debt of $29,400 per student in 2013.)
9. PLUS 136,300 sides of guacamole, which costs $1.80 extra.
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›