In 2013, the average cost of raising a child (to age 18) was $245,340. Kids are priceless, but in the interest of math, here are some non-toddler things that money could get you:
3. Pay off your student loan debt about eight times over.
(Based on the average debt of $29,400 per student in 2013.)
9. PLUS 136,300 sides of guacamole, which costs $1.80 extra.
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›