1. “Literally” technically means “without exaggeration,” as in “this thing ACTUALLY happened.”
2. But these days some people use it just for emphasis.
7. But since more and more people are using the wrong “literally,” dictionaries are starting to add the wrong definition to their entries for “literally.”
Like the Oxford Dictionary.
9. And even Google!!
10. Is this a brave new world where we can use “literally” as a mere intensifier?
Here Are The Top Stories
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.