1. Publix is a grocery store gifted straight from the heavenly angels to the southern regions of the United States.
Check out this post to survey its pristine beauty.
2. And everyone knows that the holy of holies of Publix is their glorious, omnipotent, infallible subs.
3. If you’ve never experienced the glory of a Pub Sub, you’re probably wondering what’s soooooo great.
Well, BUCKLE YOUR SANDWICH SEATBELT, BECAUSE YOU’RE IN FOR A HEART-POUNDING RIDE THROUGH RIDICULOUSLY TASTY TOWN.
6. NOT CHEESE:
11. They’ll even go slice you some fresh deli meat if you want something special, like Cajun turkey.
12. Waiting for your sandwich to get made is like watching Michelangelo as he paints delicate brushstrokes onto the Sistine Chapel ceiling.
17. Or the shining gem in the royal sandwich diadem: the CHICKEN FINGERS sub.
18. But we haven’t even gotten to the most amazing part of a Publix sub. The pièce de résistance. THE BREAD.
20. The bread is fresher than a drop of vernal dew gently pooling on the leaf of a chrysanthemum.
21. It’s more satisfying than a cold beer and a chair would be to Sisyphus.
23. The subs come wrapped in these beautiful packages, like sun-dappled Christmas presents on a beautiful December morning.
27. Thank you, Publix, for shining your subs of joy into our dusty, dark world.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️