1. Publix is a grocery store gifted straight from the heavenly angels to the southern regions of the United States.
Check out this post to survey its pristine beauty.
2. And everyone knows that the holy of holies of Publix is their glorious, omnipotent, infallible subs.
3. If you’ve never experienced the glory of a Pub Sub, you’re probably wondering what’s soooooo great.
Well, BUCKLE YOUR SANDWICH SEATBELT, BECAUSE YOU’RE IN FOR A HEART-POUNDING RIDE THROUGH RIDICULOUSLY TASTY TOWN.
6. NOT CHEESE:
11. They’ll even go slice you some fresh deli meat if you want something special, like Cajun turkey.
12. Waiting for your sandwich to get made is like watching Michelangelo as he paints delicate brushstrokes onto the Sistine Chapel ceiling.
17. Or the shining gem in the royal sandwich diadem: the CHICKEN FINGERS sub.
18. But we haven’t even gotten to the most amazing part of a Publix sub. The pièce de résistance. THE BREAD.
20. The bread is fresher than a drop of vernal dew gently pooling on the leaf of a chrysanthemum.
21. It’s more satisfying than a cold beer and a chair would be to Sisyphus.
23. The subs come wrapped in these beautiful packages, like sun-dappled Christmas presents on a beautiful December morning.
27. Thank you, Publix, for shining your subs of joy into our dusty, dark world.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.
- The man accused of fatally shooting a Memphis, Tennessee, police officer on Saturday has turned himself in.