1. A Bakersfield, Calif., 11-year-old named Jamie reportedly “twerked” at her school dance, even though her mother had warned her not to. Her mom’s punishment? Post her at a busy intersection wearing this sign:
2. “The school didn’t even call me and let me know that it was going on,” her mother, Frances Hena, said. “I want her to realize that she’s a child, and she can’t do that. She just can’t.”
3. In addition to being forced to hold the sign up at a busy intersection, Jamie also got her iPod taken away.
4. The reactions from passer-by are priceless:
Here Are The Top Stories
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. It's unclear how many people were inside the helicopter or what their conditions are.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?