1. This is EXO, who might be the hottest boy band on the planet right now.
3. These are their names:
That’s Kris, Suho, Xiumin, Lu Han, Lay, Baekhyun, Chen, Chanyeol, D.O., Tao, Kai, and Sehun.
4. They’re divided into two adorable subgroups: EXO-K, who sing in Korean…
(Exo-K has more red-headed people.)
6. All of EXO is from Korea, except for Luhan, Lay, and Tao, who are from China…
9. Their name was taken from “exoplanet,” a term referring to planets outside of the Solar System.
10. Their music has been wildly successful in just a short time: EXO’s two albums, the 2012 debut Mama and 2013’s XOXO have sold almost a million units.
11. Both factions of EXO release the same songs and videos, with EXO-K performing one version in Korean and EXO-M performing it in Mandarin.
Here’s the Korean version of one of their biggest hits, “Growl.”
12. And here’s “Growl” in Chinese.
13. In the video for their new single, “Wolf,” they form a tree of life and do all kinds of freaky dance moves.
According to the Daily Dot, a lot of fans aren’t too happy with all the weird tree/wolf stuff.
17. Kris is the “cute one,” so he’s basically the Harry Styles of EXO.
He’s also Exo-M’s main rapper.
22. EXO fans are known as “EXOtics,” and they may be even more devoted than 1D fans.
- An assailant shot two people at Texas Southern University. One person has died, and a suspect has been detained. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›