1. Because it’s completely acceptable to ride your bike in a crowded intersection with just your bathing suit on.
2. Because Cuban coffee is more addictive and amazing than any drug.
3. No one on earth would actually create a highway system like this.
5. Because sometimes you can look up and see WILD PARROTS just chillaxin’.
8. Sadly, no one on Earth has ever been able to get the “Santa’s Enchanted Forest” jingle out of their heads.
16. Because your phone recognizes “irregardless” and “pata sucia.”
19. Because you know if a party starts at 7 p.m., no one’s getting there until at least 9.
20. You regularly have to park next to cars worth more than your life.
23. Because the rest of the country isn’t tough enough to handle this kind of humidity.
24. Lime green, purple, pink, aqua, and orange houses? Totally acceptable.
25. Because the old men tourists in Speedos have permanently blinded you.
28. Because you’ve actually gone to a restaurant with cooling misters.
29. Because people will forgo other luxuries so they can buy more of these.
30. Because tanning beds are completely obsolete, any time of year.
31. Because at least one person on your street raises chickens in her backyard.
32. Because you’ve never experienced road rage until you’ve experienced Miami road rage.
33. Because pigs will fly before you ever find a parking spot in Coconut Grove.
35. Because there’s absolutely no one cooler than the old men playing dominoes in Little Havana.
36. Because this place is way too awesome to actually be real.
Deputy Editorial Director, BuzzFeed San Francisco
Director of Community, Swiftie, Slytherin. firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Are The Top Stories
- BuzzFeed News looks at the fourth anniversary of Mark Duggan's death, an unarmed black man who was shot and killed by police in north London. The shooting sparked England-wide riots in 2011.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.