3. Ask people at parties how much their rent is.
(And someone always has a story about their friend with rent control who’s paying $500 for a West Village studio.)
4. Complain about brunch incessantly, but then still go to brunch.
6. Look up real estate in your hometown, and get bummed when you realize you could buy a castle with a moat for what you pay in rent here.
8. Pretend like crazy stuff isn’t happening while it’s happening.
9. Get irrationally angry every time it rains.
And tweet about it.
15. Go to after-work happy hour on an empty stomach, then wolf three slices of pizza at 9:30 p.m.
19. Gawk at the cheap food/alcohol prices when you’re traveling out of state.
20. Make fun of Williamsburg, especially if you live in Williamsburg.
26. Curse the lack of central AC in your apartment building.
And fear that one of those dripping units will fall on top of you one day.
27. Ignore every flyer or free newspaper that’s waved in your face.
28. Look up at night to see what color the Empire State Building is.
31. Occasionally take an expensive cab ride home.
Because when you need a cab, you just NEED A CAB.
33. Burn out on street fairs, because it’s all the same $5 pashminas and roasted corn.
34. Instagram every rooftop view.
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›