3. Ask people at parties how much their rent is.
(And someone always has a story about their friend with rent control who’s paying $500 for a West Village studio.)
4. Complain about brunch incessantly, but then still go to brunch.
6. Look up real estate in your hometown, and get bummed when you realize you could buy a castle with a moat for what you pay in rent here.
8. Pretend like crazy stuff isn’t happening while it’s happening.
9. Get irrationally angry every time it rains.
And tweet about it.
15. Go to after-work happy hour on an empty stomach, then wolf three slices of pizza at 9:30 p.m.
19. Gawk at the cheap food/alcohol prices when you’re traveling out of state.
20. Make fun of Williamsburg, especially if you live in Williamsburg.
26. Curse the lack of central AC in your apartment building.
And fear that one of those dripping units will fall on top of you one day.
27. Ignore every flyer or free newspaper that’s waved in your face.
28. Look up at night to see what color the Empire State Building is.
31. Occasionally take an expensive cab ride home.
Because when you need a cab, you just NEED A CAB.
33. Burn out on street fairs, because it’s all the same $5 pashminas and roasted corn.
34. Instagram every rooftop view.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️