1. The earth is 4.54 billion years old. Holy crap!
2. Dinosaurs haven’t been around for 65 million years. :(
4. Mount Everest came into being 61.5 million years before the GUTS Aggrocrag.
5. This tortoise is over 300 years old.
6. This tree is named General Sherman, and he’s over 2,500 years old.
7. This jellyfish can live FOREVER because it can renew its own cells. FOREVER.
8. The Great Gatsby was written almost a century ago.
9. The Grand Canyon is 5 to 6 million years old. You weren’t born then!
10. Methuselah, the oldest person in the Bible, purportedly lived to be 969 and only remembers the ’90s B.C.
11. This plant was grown from seeds that are 32,000 years old.
12. The Moeraki Boulders in New Zealand are 4 to 5 million years old. Damn.
13. The Great Sphinx is 5,000 years old.
14. Homer wrote the Iliad about 3,200 years ago.
15. The Great Wall of China is about 2,200 years old.
16. The Genesis Rock, a sample of moon rock retrieved by Apollo 15, is from 4.46 billion years ago.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›