4. Mount Everest came into being 61.5 million years before the GUTS Aggrocrag.
5. This tortoise is over 300 years old.
6. This tree is named General Sherman, and he’s over 2,500 years old.
7. This jellyfish can live FOREVER because it can renew its own cells. FOREVER.
9. The Grand Canyon is 5 to 6 million years old. You weren’t born then!
David McNew / Getty Images
10. Methuselah, the oldest person in the Bible, purportedly lived to be 969 and only remembers the ’90s B.C.
11. This plant was grown from seeds that are 32,000 years old.
12. The Moeraki Boulders in New Zealand are 4 to 5 million years old. Damn.
13. The Great Sphinx is 5,000 years old.
Jeff J. Mitchell / Getty Images
15. The Great Wall of China is about 2,200 years old.
Lintao Zheng / Getty Images
16. The Genesis Rock, a sample of moon rock retrieved by Apollo 15, is from 4.46 billion years ago.
In The News Today
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald have won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Grace Lee Boggs, Detroit activist and civil rights pioneer, has died at the age of 100, according to the Boggs Center. ›