4. Mount Everest came into being 61.5 million years before the GUTS Aggrocrag.
5. This tortoise is over 300 years old.
6. This tree is named General Sherman, and he’s over 2,500 years old.
7. This jellyfish can live FOREVER because it can renew its own cells. FOREVER.
9. The Grand Canyon is 5 to 6 million years old. You weren’t born then!
David McNew / Getty Images
10. Methuselah, the oldest person in the Bible, purportedly lived to be 969 and only remembers the ’90s B.C.
11. This plant was grown from seeds that are 32,000 years old.
12. The Moeraki Boulders in New Zealand are 4 to 5 million years old. Damn.
13. The Great Sphinx is 5,000 years old.
Jeff J. Mitchell / Getty Images
15. The Great Wall of China is about 2,200 years old.
Lintao Zheng / Getty Images
16. The Genesis Rock, a sample of moon rock retrieved by Apollo 15, is from 4.46 billion years ago.
Deputy Editorial Director, BuzzFeed San Francisco
Here Are The Top Stories
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.