1. The L train is a fun train to take if you like letting three pass by during morning rush hour, because they’re so crowded that you can’t get on.
3. Trying to get on and off at Union Square? Hope you brought nunchucks to ninja your way through the crowd.
See also: Broadway Junction
4. Going under the river makes your ears pop.
(And makes you freak out about the East River literally crushing the train, AHHH.)
5. The L train robot lady’s voice starts to sound more familiar than your own mother’s.
“This is a Rockaway Parkway-bound L train. The next stop is: Lorimer Street.”
I LOVE YOU L TRAIN LADY CAN I BORROW THE CAR TONIGHT
7. You never know when you’re going to get a pole dance in the middle of your commute.
8. Wait, you live past the Lorimer stop and want to take the train on the weekends?
Hope you love shuttle busses!
9. It has its own website to tell you what state of despair it’s in.
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. ›