2. They are part of Group C, which doesn’t have any previous World Cup winners giving Greece a decent chance to move up in the competition.
3. Their star player is Giorgos Karagounis. He is the captain of the team and an amazing midfielder.
5. They have never hosted the world cup, but it would be a beautiful location if they did.
Just look at how blue the water is!
6. This will be their 3rd time participating in the World Cup.
You know what they say, third time’s a charm!
7. They have never won a World Cup competition, but they are ready to bring it this year.
8. Their best player ever was Theodoros Zagorakis.
He was the captain of the Greek soccer team when they won the 2004 UEFA European Football Championship.
10. Their coach, Fernando Santos, is confident that the Greek will get far in this World Cup competition.
He is planning to retire after the World Cup is done.