1. Eating crabs is a way of life and you have been eating them since infancy.
Crab hammers not included.
2. We put Old Bay on everything.
crabs, chips, french fries, popcorn, corn on the cob …
4. …as well as the United States Naval Academy.
Hurray for beautiful people watching!
8. A lot of important historical events happened in Maryland.
Did you know that at different points in time Annapolis and Baltimore were the capitol of the United States?
9. Maryland is the birthplace of Francis Scott Key.
He wrote the national anthem.
10. We had Cal Ripken Jr.
Every kid in Maryland fought over having the number 8 jersey for middle school sports.
11. We get to experience every season.
possibly all within one week
12. We have mountains, farm land, city, and beaches
13. We’re neither northern nor southern.
We get the best of both worlds
15. Maryland has the coolest state flag.
God forbid you ever had to draw this sucker in middle school.
17. We’ve got the scariest bridge in America…
but it was your favorite as a child because it meant you were going to the beach.
18. We’re the source of every version of Hairspray.
and “Good Morning Baltimore” is our anthem.
20. Even though we are one of the smallest states, you can pretty much experience everything imaginable here
Be proud hon!