1. Wollongong is on the gorgeous south coast of New South Wales.
Flickr: icodownunder / Creative Commons
4. And awesome beaches right next to the city.
Flickr: suburbanbloke / Creative Commons
5. With plenty more in the surrounding suburbs.
6. But it’s not all beaches. There’s also a lake!
Flickr: avarice / Creative Commons
10. The nearby countryside is quite lovely.
11. And the Botanic Gardens are super pretty.
Flickr: lilcrabbygal / Creative Commons
12. Wollongong is home to the biggest Buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere.
Flickr: aaronjacobs / Creative Commons
14. Of course, there’s also the city itself, which is the third largest in New South Wales.
Flickr: scttw / Creative Commons
15. It’s close enough to Sydney to make it easy to visit.
Flickr: markwestonphoto / Creative Commons
16. But far enough away that it’s more laid back.
Flickr: elisfanclub / Creative Commons
Jenna Guillaume is a senior editor for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney.
Here Are The Top Stories