1. Wollongong is on the gorgeous south coast of New South Wales.
flickr.com/icodownunder/5667658213/sizes/l/ / Creative Commons
2. It’s situated on a beautiful harbour.
flickr.com/scttw/484976793/sizes/l/ / Creative Commons
3. With not one but two historic lighthouses.
flickr.com/proimos/8562842041/sizes/l/ / Creative Commons
4. And awesome beaches right next to the city.
flickr.com/suburbanbloke/4998230022/sizes/l/ / Creative Commons
5. With plenty more in the surrounding suburbs.
flickr.com/kaptainkobold/4851118284/sizes/l/ / Creative Commons
6. But it’s not all beaches. There’s also a lake!
flickr.com/avarice/141624650/sizes/l/ / Creative Commons
7. Plus there’s mountains.
flickr.com/hazara/10991236186/sizes/l/ / Creative Commons
10. The nearby countryside is quite lovely.
flickr.com/kaptainkobold/4234802767/sizes/l/ / Creative Commons
11. And the Botanic Gardens are super pretty.
flickr.com/lilcrabbygal/381223324/sizes/o/ / Creative Commons
12. Wollongong is home to the biggest Buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere.
flickr.com/aaronjacobs/3441679658/sizes/l/ / Creative Commons
14. Of course, there’s also the city itself, which is the third largest in New South Wales.
flickr.com/scttw/483651461/sizes/l/ / Creative Commons
15. It’s close enough to Sydney to make it easy to visit.
flickr.com/markwestonphoto/10554391865/sizes/l/ / Creative Commons
16. But far enough away that it’s more laid back.
flickr.com/elisfanclub/4676136772/sizes/l/ / Creative Commons
Jenna Guillaume is a senior editor for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney.