1. Wollongong is on the gorgeous south coast of New South Wales.
2. It’s situated on a beautiful harbour.
3. With not one but two historic lighthouses.
4. And awesome beaches right next to the city.
5. With plenty more in the surrounding suburbs.
6. But it’s not all beaches. There’s also a lake!
10. The nearby countryside is quite lovely.
11. And the Botanic Gardens are super pretty.
12. Wollongong is home to the biggest Buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere.
14. Of course, there’s also the city itself, which is the third largest in New South Wales.
15. It’s close enough to Sydney to make it easy to visit.
16. But far enough away that it’s more laid back.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›