1. In a recent interview with the Today show’s Karl Stefanovic, Katy Perry was asked whether she considers herself a feminist.
2. She admitted to being confused by the term in the past.
3. But it seems she’s still quite confused about it.
4. FYI, Katy, for future reference, writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie gives the perfect definition of feminism - and you can even hear it via a pop song.
5. Of course, it’s great that she embraces the “feminist” label - even if she is a little unsure.
7. Watch the whole interview below.
Jenna Guillaume is a senior editor for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney.
In The News Today
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›