1. In a recent interview with the Today show’s Karl Stefanovic, Katy Perry was asked whether she considers herself a feminist.
2. She admitted to being confused by the term in the past.
3. But it seems she’s still quite confused about it.
4. FYI, Katy, for future reference, writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie gives the perfect definition of feminism - and you can even hear it via a pop song.
5. Of course, it’s great that she embraces the “feminist” label - even if she is a little unsure.
7. Watch the whole interview below.
Jenna Guillaume is a senior editor for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.