1. In a recent interview with the Today show’s Karl Stefanovic, Katy Perry was asked whether she considers herself a feminist.
2. She admitted to being confused by the term in the past.
3. But it seems she’s still quite confused about it.
4. FYI, Katy, for future reference, writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie gives the perfect definition of feminism - and you can even hear it via a pop song.
5. Of course, it’s great that she embraces the “feminist” label - even if she is a little unsure.
7. Watch the whole interview below.
Jenna Guillaume is a senior editor for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney.
In The News Today
- A flash flood emergency was issued Sunday in Charleston, South Carolina. More than 16 inches of rain fell in some areas. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›