1. It was hard to believe when Tony Abbott became Prime Minister.
2. Everyone you spoke to insisted they didn’t vote for him.
3. But someone did. Actually, the majority of someones.
5. “The argument [behind climate change] is absolute crap.”
6. “Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia.”
7. “It would be folly to expect that women would ever approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, their abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons.”
8. “Abortion is the easy way out. It’s hardly surprising that people should choose the most convenient exit from awkward situations.”
9. “I feel a bit threatened [by homosexuality].”
10. “I think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they both need to be moderated, so to speak.”
11. “A bad boss is a little bit like a bad father or a bad husband. Not withstanding all his or her faults, you find that he tends to do more good than harm.”
13. To a group of teen netballers: “Bit of body contact never hurt anyone”.
14. And this man was elected to be leader of Australia.
15. First he got rid of the ministries for the status of women, climate change, youth, science, housing and homelessness, disability reform and mental health and ageing.
16. Then his government approved a coal port next to the Great Barrier Reef…
17. Challenged the ACT Marriage Equality laws, leading to their removal…
18. Abolished the Climate Commission…
19. Proposed big changes to Medicare…
20. And basically seemed determined to destroy everything you believe in.
21. Tens of thousands of Australians took to the streets to protest the Abbott government as part of March in March.
22. It was largely ignored or dismissed by the government and mainstream media.
23. Tony Abbott’s actual response, when asked about the Sydney march, was, “My understanding is that the only big rally in Sydney is the St Patrick’s Day parade. That is the big event in Sydney today.”
24. And now each day brings something new that makes you die a little inside.
25. Like the Commission of Audit report that was released this week, recommending drastic cuts to public services.
26. But the Abbott government steamrolls on…
27. While you just wait for 2016, and the chance to vote them out.