[Be advised: This article contains potentially offensive content.]
1. 2013 was a tough year, but The Onion remained dedicated to bringing us hard news. Be it foreign…
8. And Biden news.
14. They showed their range, becoming the go-to publication for fashion news.
See the rest here.
15. They emerged as a top source for coverage of Taylor Swift’s sex life.
16. Their Royal Baby coverage rivaled the BBC’s.
18. And published editorials combining politics, dogs, and puns.
If you read one Onion article in its entirety, make it this one.
28. Yes, how they should be.
29. They published this stunning manifesto.
Read here, then cry yourself to sleep.
The reason they won 2013 is:
35. They hardly mentioned Miley Cyrus.
When you’re as good as they are, you just don’t have to.
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.