I’m the first to admit that I am a huge fan of the show and an even bigger fan of the way the series wrapped up oh-so-neatly. It’s almost a stretch to come up with anything left unanswered at all (hey, remember that Huell guy? Or Ted?)
But nevertheless, here’s a few oddities about everyone’s favorite season finale:
2. 1. What’s up with Badger and Skinny Pete not freaking out when Walt figures out the friend they probbaly figured was brutally murdered a year ago, is actually alive and well and cooking meth?
Instead they’re just like, oh yay! Meth cooking! Yay! Lasers!
3. 2. What’s up with the watch left on the pay phone?
I know in “Talking Bad” they just said it was an excuse for Walt not wearing the watch in episode one, but really… who leaves their watch on a pay phone to “cut ties” with a guy they’re about to save???
4. 3. Exactly how easy is it to get a random dude to give you a machine gun in a Denny’s parking lot?
Apparently super easy.
Also, do we know if Denny’s paid for that product placement, or if they hate their restaurant being associated with drugs and automatic fire weapons?
5. 4. Speaking of that M60, when did Walt become a mechanical engineer?
I know he’s a brilliant chemist and all, but those aren’t exactly the same thing. Maybe that’s just what you learn when you’re isolated in a cabin for forever?
6. 5. Most importantly, is it Jesse’s ultimate destiny to become a woodcarver?
It’s quite the thing to dream about while imprisoned as a meth cook…