1. We have the most original mascot in the entire country.
2. We’re rich in tradition.
3. Our celebrity fan base is attractive.
4. We’re one of only three schools to ever win a BCS bowl and a basketball national championship in the same school year.
6. But we also know how to study.
7. Our campus is pretty spectacular.
8. Lawrence is consistently named one of the best college towns in the country, as if we didn’t already know that.
9. Even president Teddy Roosevelt agrees that our chant is the greatest college chant ever.
Rock Chalk Chant
10. What rivalry?
We are ahead of our in-state rival in football victories by 20 games, and in basketball by 95 wins. (They only have 91 total basketball wins against us, just in case you were wondering.)
11. Did I mention we pretty much dominate basketball?
*Not pictured, our 14 final fours.
12. Which reminds me, we are home to the greatest home court advantage in all of college sports.
13. There really is no nation like Jayhawk Nation.
*Before pressing play, your ears have been warned. (We were just a couple decibels short of shattering all the glass in Allen Fieldhouse.)
KU v MU 2012
14. Yeah, KU is pretty much the greatest college in the country.
15. And in case you doubted why we’re the best college in the country, the game of basketball as we know it today was developed at The University of Kansas.