1. The majority of your life has been spent waiting in traffic
It takes you 30 minutes to travel 5 miles
2. The Houstonian speed limit is 80, and no one stops at yellow lights
If you go under 80 EVERYONE is going to pass you!
4. You’ve seen one of the Texans or Rockets partying in Mid-town
5. Somone in your house owns a vintage Astros, Rockets, or Oilers jersey
Sometimes all three
6. No matter where you’re going you’ll usually end up on Westheimer
Thanks Houston memes!!!
7. You have no idea what they are doing with the Astrodome
8. The Galleria is always packed, but you still go and consider it the best mall ever
9. You tune into Chopped and Screwed Sundays on 97.9 The Box
R.I.P. DJ Screw
10. Free Press Summer Fest was hot, expensive, and overcrowded but you still loved it
11. You respected the power of hurricanes and heeded warnings. That is why you evacuated eventhough it sucked
12. Cook-offs, concerts, carnivals, livestock, cowboys, and trial rides made rodeo month the best month of the year
Just avoid south 610 at all costs
13. You went to Rich’s and were well under the age of 18
14. You have only been to NASA once, and it was on a school field trip or space camp
15. You consider yourself a country boy/girl… Even though you grew up in the 4th largest city in the U.S.
Kind of hard to be country when you live in River Oaks.
16. You probably know at least one millionaire.
Oil money, man.
17. You hate anything and everything about Dallas
18. You get offended when people say that Galveston is ghetto.
19. You have referred to Houston as one of these nicknames at some point: Clutch City, Bayou City, H-town, Magnolia City, Screwston, Hustletown, and the City of Syrup
Houston hasn’t been clutch for a while. Thanks to Hakeem the Dream, Cassell Can Sell, and Clyde the Guide.
20. You lived within a mile of a Fiesta, 99 Ranch Market, or Kroger (culinary and ethnic diversity at its finest)
H-E-B and Randall’s count as well
21. The highways have been under construction as long as you’ve been alive
22. It’s pretty much summer year round so…..
The only seasons are summer and Christmas.
23. 90 degrees with 90% humidity is still not considered that hot
It’s also a “good” hair day
24. You consider youself a little hood even though the Third Ward scares you at night
25. You have opinions on the best Tex-Mex, Cajun, Asian, and BBQ food in the city
and you could easily have all of them in one day
26. “Y’all” is a big part of your vocabulary
This is not just a Houston thing
27. You probably don’t actually live in Houston, but one of its many suburbs
28. Bussiness and politics are conducted wearing boots
Blame it all on my roots I showed up in boots.
29. It makes you happy that a lot of major publications are proclaming Houston as an one of the top cities in the U.S.
#1 City for economic growth
#1 City for young adults all according to Forbes