1. Dear Colombia,
2. There is no need to be sad.
3. You have so much to be proud of.
4. You are one of the best things to happen to soccer in ages.
5. Your team showed an amazing display of unity.
6. You showed us that the game can be both stylish.
8. You showed us how to laugh.
10. You delivered a new star in James Rodríguez.
At just 22 Rodríguez scored six goals in five games making him Colombia’s leading scorer in the history of the world cup, and goal leader so far in the tournament.
11. And gave honor to seasoned veterans.
12. You dazzled us with spectacular goals.
13. And made the entire world take notice.
14. You celebrated victory with class.
15. Comforted your opponents in their time of defeat.
16. And honored the memory of one of your greatest stars.
July 2nd marked the 20 year anniversary of the tragic death of former Colombian star Andres Escobar.
17. Your rivals even recognized your greatness.
18. And other athletes gave praise.
19. The level of respect was undeniable.
20. You grabbed the attention of an entire nation.
21. And your fans were with you every step of the way.
22. They celebrated your victories.
23. And were equally saddened by your defeat.
24. You played your heart out against the elite teams of the world, and held your own.
25. Not since the glory days of 1990s has the national team been this good.
26. You literally made history.
27. So don’t cry, Colombia.
28. You have much to celebrate.
29. Your country is proud of you.
30. Your president is thankful.
31. And fans all over the world love you.
32. Thank you for an amazing World Cup!
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after a report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›