This is James Rodríguez.
Pronounced like HAHM-ess, not jeymz.
He’s the star attacking midfielder for the Colombian National Team.
He’s currently the leading goal scorer in the World Cup.
He’s good at putting it between the posts.
Actually really, really good.
But there are so many reasons to love him.
2. He’s actually one the team’s go-to dancers.
6. Because he enjoys paying tribute to Colombia’s famed marimonda.
8. Because he has some very famous fans.
13. Because he’s also extremely devoted to his younger fans.
14. He visits them in hospitals.
15. Always poses for photo ops.
16. And he loves giving them memorabilia.
19. Because even famous Colombian footballer Carlos Valderrama is a fan.
22. Because he’s really excited about his first World Cup.
23. Because he’s really, really popular right now.
24. Because he’s been doing it big since he was a kid.
25. Most importantly, because he is leading a team that is even better than the famed 1994 squad.
The current 2014 team is the first ever to make it to quarter-finals, making history.
So, if you’re not a fan yet be sure to remember his name.
Because you’ll be dancing to it later.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›