1. She believed VapoRub was a cure for everything.
3. If you scraped your knee, you could always expect the “Sana, sana” rhyme.
4. Cristina was her version of Oprah…
5. And Walter Mercado was her supreme adviser.
9. Because if she ever actually counted to three you were officially fucked.
14. There was no way you were leaving the house without finishing your chores.
16. Somewhere in your kitchen she hung a picture of La Ultima Cena on the wall.
17. And she always made you save plastic bags so you could put them in a bag with even more plastic bags.
18. You knew to clear the house whenever she put chile on the comal.
20. You never understood how she flipped tortillas without burning her fingertips.
22. She never had the need to buy Tupperware.
23. Her marathon holiday tamaladas led to an all-tamale diet afterward.
Your mother, abuelita, and tias made no less than 2000.
24. Her home remedy for mal ojo was an egg, a chant, and a glass of water.
28. She never admitted when she was wrong.
- Game on: the Denver Broncos are playing the Carolina Panthers in the Super Bowl 50. We're bringing you the play-by-play 🏈🙌
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."