1. You’ll have more decorated coolers than you know what to do with.
But you’ll never get rid of them because they’re awesome.
2. You’ll learn that hand signs are everything.
Even though you have no idea what they mean.
3. You may initially make fun of it, but eventually you’ll end up adopting the sorority squat.
4. Your weekend calendar will always be full of activities.
Two words: Date. Functions.
5. You’ll realize that the bond between big and little is a strong one.
6. You’ll wonder about, but never be able to figure out her secret handshake.
7. You’ll learn that the house mom is pretty much her on-campus mother.
8. And you’ll know that she’s the one that runs the show.
9. You’ll realize that formals are pretty much the college equivalent of prom.
10. You’ll become her biggest fan at all her intramural games.
11. You’ll acquire more neon gear than you know what to do with.
12. Her sorority songs will get stuck in your head and you’ll sing them when she’s not looking.
13. You inadvertently become familiar with the names of women’s designers.
Kendra Scott, Kate Spade, Vera Bradley, and of course Lily Pulitzer.
14. No matter how hard you try you can never wrap your head around the recruitment process.
15. And you know that she’s super on edge during rush.
16. Because you realize that’s it’s more stressful than you could ever imagine.
17. You’ll go to more themed events then you’ve ever been to before.
18. You’ll have more frocket shirts from her sorority functions than you know what to do with.
20. You’ll learn that it’s in your best interest not to get on her sisters’ bad side.
21. You’ll realize that chivalry isn’t dead, it’s actually expected.
22. There will be plenty of philanthropy events to attend.
23. Over time you realize that it will always be a part of her life.
- The U.S. airstrike on a Doctors Without Borders hospital that killed at least 30 people last month happened as a "direct result of avoidable human error," the Pentagon said. ›
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›