1. To all the people that assume Texas is a desert wasteland. How many deserts look like this?
2. Or have natural pools like this?
Dripping Springs, Texas
3. As for being dry? Much of Texas is the opposite of that.
4. It has everything from flowing streams…
5. To scenic rivers…
San Marcos, TX
6. To captivating waterfalls…
McKinney State Park
7. And massive city lakes.
8. Even the swamps are pretty.
9. Nothing beats a sunrise in the bayou.
11. Contrary to popular belief Texas is not flat either: It has enormous rocks.
Enchanted Rock, TX
12. Along with deep cutting canyons.
Big Bend, TX
13. Photo worthy mountaintop sunsets.
Big Bend, TX
15. Only in Texas will you find amazing colonies of bats aboveground.
16. And vast beauty below.
17. People say the state doesn’t have seasons. They couldn’t be more wrong.
18. It has colorful foliage in fall.
Wichita Falls, TX
19. Long covered walking trails in the spring.
20. Beautiful swimming holes to cool yourself off in the summer.
21. And every once in a while a mysterious white powder falls from the skies in the winter.
North Richland Hills, TX
22. Fog is not just something you see in London — Texas has its fair share of mystic haze.
23. Along with epic storms.
24. REALLY EPIC STORMS.
25. Don’t forget about the 367 miles of coastline.
Port Aransas, TX
26. You can catch an amazing sunset.
27. Have a light house show you the way.
Point Bolivar, Texas
28. Remember, nothing comes close to the beauty of the coast.
29. Oh, Texas has deserts too, and they’re awesome.
Chihuahuan Desert, Texas
31. And select pieces of high end art.
32. The Lone Star State is known for its rolling plains.
33. With amber waves of grain.
34. Where nothing goes to waste.
35. Few things match the beauty of a Texas evening.
Lago Vista, TX
36. The stars at night truly are big and bright.
So wherever your travels may take you.
Mason County, TX
Hopefully, one day they’ll lead you here.
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›