1. The first trailer for Disney’s highly anticipated adaptation of Stephen Sondheim’s beloved musical Into the Woods has finally dropped!
And it looks gorgeous, from the elaborate and ornate sets to the lavish fairy tale-inspired costumes. But, this is a musical, sooooo… Why isn’t ANYONE singing?!?
2. Into the Woods is set in an alternate universe where characters from Grimm’s fairy tales (Jack and the Beanstalk, Little Red Riding Hood, and Cinderella are just a few) interact with one another. Here’s a closer look at Disney’s star-studded cast:
8. Into the Woods opens on Dec. 25.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Debris found on an island in the Indian Ocean belongs to the same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.