2. You have to be repeatedly assured, in no uncertain terms, that there will not be clowns at the party.
3. Even once you’re told clowns won’t be attending, you dread every second, assuming a clown will still show up.
4. When the inevitable happens, and a clown does show up, children and the elderly are considered suitable weapons to defend yourself.
Columbia Pictures / Via thegirlnextdooritis.tumblr.com
7. In fact, you don’t understand why everyone seems to think this is a normal profession for grown adults to have.
10. That’s a lie. Being the only normal person in a city populated only by clowns is your greatest nightmare.
12. John Wayne Gacy is all the proof you need that every clown has homicidal tendencies.
19. If a clown touches you, every ounce of maturity and decorum flees your body as you shriek and run as fast as humanly possible in the other direction.
Jarett Wieselman is a senior entertainment editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles. Wieselman writes about and reports on the television industry.