1. In his opening monologue on SNL, first-time host Drake talked about being Canadian, his Degrassi: The Next Generation past, and, of course, being Jewish.
2. “Having a Jewish mother and a black father made for a very interesting bar mitzvah,” he said before re-enacting his bar mitzvah.
And yes, that sign says, “Mazel Tov Aubrey,” which is Drake’s real name.
3. He even wore the infamous vest from the bar mitzvah flashback clips in his re-bar mitzvah “HYFR” video.
4. In honor of becoming a Jewish man, young Aubrey announced he’d henceforth be known as Drake.
Though his mother wanted him to go by “Dracob.”
12. Watch the full monologue here:
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.