Season 3 of Sherlock kicks off in the U.S. in January with three new feature-length mysteries, including the reveal of just how Sherlock (Benedict Cumberbatch) managed to fake his death in 2012’s “The Reichenbach Fall.”
But with “The Sign of Three,” the second episode in the show’s third season, Sherlock must contend with the imminent nuptials of partner John Watson (Martin Freeman) and his most complex situation yet. (Or, as the official episode description puts it: “Sherlock faces his biggest challenge of all — delivering a Best Man’s speech on John’s wedding day.”) And based on BuzzFeed’s exclusive four Sherlock photos below, he’s not going to be putting on a happy face.
2. It looks like there’s a chasm between John and Sherlock, and we’re not just talking about the distance on this park bench. I mean, faking your death will do that to a friendship.
3. The crime-solving duo appears to be wearing matching ensembles for John’s wedding, but there is a decided lack of smiles here. Cold feet perhaps?
4. Confetti explosion! It seems as though John’s wedding to Mary (Amanda Abbington) goes off without a hitch, judging from the beaming smiles of the happy bride and groom.
5. And the moment of truth: Can Sherlock make a best man speech at the wedding reception that won’t humiliate John or Mary entirely? Only time will tell…
6. Season 3 of Sherlock returns to PBS’s Masterpiece on Sunday, Jan. 19 at 9:58 p.m. Check your local listings for details.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.