It was the dark days of growing up in the latter half of the 1990s, when mullets ruled and hair product usage was not a thing yet. In these trying times, however, our screens were lit up by the sheer enthusiasm with which Bobby Deol swirled his shoulders and flipped his hair. The 2000s will forever be known as the years when he truly owned his cinematic legacy.
1. That time when he made this unimpressed face.
“Malaika, I don’t know whatever this is that you’re doing but I want you to know that I’m judging you so hard right now.”
2. When he just REALLY couldn’t take it anymore.
“STOP. For the sake of all that is holy, stop. Let me show you how it’s done.”
3. That time when he body waved like a pro.
So you thought you owned the market on this move, Malaika? That’s adorable.
4. That time when he DESTROYED the dance-off with this flawless interpretive number.
Go home, Malaika. Not even your leather-clad self and your entire posse of erroneously-costumed backup dancers can defeat Bobby when he decides to bring it.
5. When he shook it like a polaroid picture.
To the left, to the left.
6. When he made this come-hither face of unmatched sexiness.
7. That time when he bounced en pointe on his tippy-toes.
He and Aishwarya Rai were a Pinterest lesson in how to color-coordinate outfits and wear summer pastels to a wedding.
8. That time when he whipped his hair back and forth
While Aishwarya tried very hard to conceal her side-eye at this role reversal of blowouts.
9. That time when he accessorized impeccably with those reflector Lennon glasses.
…and his eyebrows ordered his drinks for him.
10. When he owned the stage with his fabulousness.
With a bend-and-snap and a hair flip as only he could.
11. When he walked onto the roof like:
“WHAT’S UP I AM REALLY EXCITED TO DO THIS.”
12. When he shook it like a polaroid picture (again).
13. That time when he schooled Shilpa Shetty in the proper art of two-stepping.
His bandanna and hair highlights were the most on-point outfit of 2006.
14. Then big brother Sunny joined in.
And they all put their hands up in the air, dropped the base like a family and hugged it out. It was awkward. But it was beautiful.
15. When he smashed gender definitions and owned the life out of his pink pants.
And an entire generation sighed at the potential of what could have been.
DON’T YOU EVER CHANGE, BOBBY DEOL.