1. My epic journey began late last night after work, with an inbox bursting full of not-yet-answered emails, delayed tasks, and uncompleted drafts.
2. But after only an hour of work, I had my inbox down to 25 emails and was really hitting my stride.
3. Sadly… pride cometh before the fall.
With 15 emails left, I was at the hot burning core of my ignored inbox. These were the emails that demanded the most from me. Work memos, event planning, that happy birthday e-card I’d been meaning to send my ma.
4. Two whole hours passed and I only made it through five more emails. My inbox was winning.
5. But wait! Encouragement came in the form of a co-worker who was also up wasting time on Twitter— I mean trying to go through work emails.
6. Alas, I was too proud to accept my co-worker’s kind words. The shame poured from my eyes.
7. Sensing weakness, my co-worker revealed her nefarious intentions, exposing herself as an agent of my evil inbox.
8. Thus perfectly ending the Ninja Gaiden Inbox Saga.
9. In conclusion, stay on top of your work emails, folks.
Nintendo / BuzzFeed
10. When I left the office, I discovered that my bike handles had been stolen.
In The News Today
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›