1. The moment you realize you’re actually going to do it.
4. And burn what you can’t take with you.
5. Because you are finally putting it all behind you and never coming back.
9. And apartment hunting.
A two-year lease that promises my eternal soul if I paint the walls? Sure.
10. And getting lost in this unfamiliar place.
Why can’t they just number the roads correctly, like they did back home?
13. Well, you can barely remember what they look like now.
15. And making new friends.
“No new friends” is overrated.
16. So while your Facebook feed is filling up with announcements of high school sweethearts getting engaged.
17. And old friends getting pregnant.
Which, you know. Hooray?
19. And sure, sometimes you might get nostalgic for home.
21. And meet some of those babies you’ve been hearing so much about.
OK! Yes! They’re cute! We understand now!
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›