Jubilee has always been my favorite mutant teen. She’s actually a lot more badass than you think. Feel free to press play on this song as you read…
1. She ran away from an orphanage and hid out at the mall before being found by the X-Men…
2. …and then got to ACTUALLY BE PART OF THE X-MEN at a time when no other kids did.
3. Have you ever been NEAR a firework? They’re much more dangerous than Katy Perry suggests.
4. She has ZERO time for your bullshit.
5. Her 90s fashion was ALWAYS on point. #NancyDownsRealness
6. NO REPRESSSED EMOTIONS HERE!
7. If it weren’t for her, I would’ve never tried to manifest my own mutant powers by sticking out my hands and…trying.
8. She’s the only member of the X-Men who’s smart enough to know you need sunglasses in space. #YOLO
9. She doesn’t give a single fuck what the other X-Men think of her.
10. She’s not intimidated by your sexist and racist bullshit.
11. She got to MAKEOUT with my childhood comic book crush, Robin.
12. She’s always a team player, especially if the team is a girl gang.
13. She basically invented the DEAL WITH IT meme.
15. ARE YOU GUYS GONNA QUESTION THE COMPANY WOLVERINE KEEPS!?
16. LOOK AT THEM KICKING ASS AND TAKING NAMES! #Blessed
18. She doesn’t let assholes like Sabretooth push her around.
19. She’s a FOUNDING LADY of the best 90s X-Men team…
20. …that lead to one of the weirdest TV movies that may or may not still be on a VHS tape somewhere at my mom and dad’s house.
21. SHE DIDN’T GIVE UP ON FIGHTING CRIME JUST BECAUSE SHE LOST HER POWERS!
22. She knows the importance of a snack break.
23. LOOK HOW CUTE SHE IS WITH KIDS!
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›