1. Every year, people try to make Christmas “happen” earlier than it should.
3. But I hate it being forced on me before we’re finished with other holidays.
4. Like how Target did a Christmas commercial before Halloween.
6. And Starbucks already has Christmas cups.
8. It’s a great holiday, but it’s always overshadowed by Christmas.
10. So I get upset when I see Christmas displays at stores in November.
11. And I’m sad when people start playing Christmas music early.
12. People think I’m a Scrooge, angrily waging war on Christmas.
14. Too much of a good thing can be bad, and too much Christmas can be exhausting.
15. I swear, the day after Thanksgiving, I’ll be ready for the Christmas spirit.
16. I’ll run to the store and buy all your things.
18. In fact, I’ll probably be more gung-ho about Christmas than you will.
19. But until then, can we just hold off on Christmas?
20. Just until the end of the month. Put it away. It’s all I’m asking.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›