1. This cake looks amazing. You could describe it as “delicious.”
3. But the “m” word is an awful word. You hate even thinking it.
4. It’s not like you have a problem with words like “wet” or “damp.”
5. It just feels gross to say … you know … “moist.” *shudder*
6. It might have something to do with the “oi” sound. Like in “ointment” or “goiter.”
7. But it probably has more to do with the fact that that word makes you think more of bodily fluids than cake.
8. You don’t want to think about bodily fluids while enjoying cake, whether it’s a sweaty palm…
10. It’s an innocent enough word, but you just feel dirty using it. You feel like you need to wash up after hearing it.
11. Also, it comes from the Latin “muscidus” which meant “slimy,” “moldy,” “musty” and gave us the word “mucus.”
12. And you’re not alone. A lot of people don’t like the “m” word either.
13. So please, just stop using the “m” word.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›