1. This cake looks amazing. You could describe it as “delicious.”
3. But the “m” word is an awful word. You hate even thinking it.
4. It’s not like you have a problem with words like “wet” or “damp.”
5. It just feels gross to say … you know … “moist.” *shudder*
6. It might have something to do with the “oi” sound. Like in “ointment” or “goiter.”
7. But it probably has more to do with the fact that that word makes you think more of bodily fluids than cake.
8. You don’t want to think about bodily fluids while enjoying cake, whether it’s a sweaty palm…
10. It’s an innocent enough word, but you just feel dirty using it. You feel like you need to wash up after hearing it.
11. Also, it comes from the Latin “muscidus” which meant “slimy,” “moldy,” “musty” and gave us the word “mucus.”
12. And you’re not alone. A lot of people don’t like the “m” word either.
13. So please, just stop using the “m” word.
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›