1. This cake looks amazing. You could describe it as “delicious.”
3. But the “m” word is an awful word. You hate even thinking it.
4. It’s not like you have a problem with words like “wet” or “damp.”
5. It just feels gross to say … you know … “moist.” *shudder*
6. It might have something to do with the “oi” sound. Like in “ointment” or “goiter.”
7. But it probably has more to do with the fact that that word makes you think more of bodily fluids than cake.
8. You don’t want to think about bodily fluids while enjoying cake, whether it’s a sweaty palm…
10. It’s an innocent enough word, but you just feel dirty using it. You feel like you need to wash up after hearing it.
11. Also, it comes from the Latin “muscidus” which meant “slimy,” “moldy,” “musty” and gave us the word “mucus.”
12. And you’re not alone. A lot of people don’t like the “m” word either.
13. So please, just stop using the “m” word.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›