1. It’s hard being a Grammar Nazi. For starters, people call you a Nazi.
2. Everywhere you go, you’re pained by the lack of respect for the English language.
4. Every mistake haunts you.
5. And you’re constantly shocked at how wrong everyone else is.
6. It’s like you can’t fully enjoy life unless everything is written correctly.
9. But it’s the small mistakes, the ones that only you see, that really hurt.
10. See, there’s a right way and a wrong way to write. You just care about getting things right.
12. But there are people putting apostrophes where there should be none.
19. And let’s not even start with how bad things are on the Internet.
20. Every time you get on Facebook, you ask the Lord for strength to make it through.
21. Texting just about anyone is just as bad.
22. Grammar and spelling matter because if you get it wrong, it can completely change the meaning of what you’re trying to say.
33. But you know what the worst part is?
36. Still, can you guys please learn the difference between “they’re,” “their” and “there?”
In The News Today
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›