1. It’s hard being a Grammar Nazi. For starters, people call you a Nazi.
2. Everywhere you go, you’re pained by the lack of respect for the English language.
4. Every mistake haunts you.
5. And you’re constantly shocked at how wrong everyone else is.
6. It’s like you can’t fully enjoy life unless everything is written correctly.
9. But it’s the small mistakes, the ones that only you see, that really hurt.
10. See, there’s a right way and a wrong way to write. You just care about getting things right.
12. But there are people putting apostrophes where there should be none.
14. People using the wrong “your.”
19. And let’s not even start with how bad things are on the Internet.
20. Every time you get on Facebook, you ask the Lord for strength to make it through.
21. Texting just about anyone is just as bad.
22. Grammar and spelling matter because if you get it wrong, it can completely change the meaning of what you’re trying to say.
33. But you know what the worst part is?
36. Still, can you guys please learn the difference between “they’re,” “their” and “there?”
In The News Today
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›