1. The first episode of Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers aired on Aug. 28, 1993.
Michael Loccisano / AP
2. The show averaged 4.8 million daily viewers in its first season, according to Nielsen ratings.
Andrew H. Walker / Getty
3. “When it premiered 20 years ago, it went on to redefine what was possible in a kids’ show in terms of ratings, global appeal and pop-cultural relevance,” Elie Dekel, the president of Saban Brands, told Time magazine.
Michael Loccisano / Getty
4. There have been more than 800 Power Rangers episodes and 18 different series.
5. Good job, Power Rangers, for making it this long.
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".