1. The first episode of Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers aired on Aug. 28, 1993.
2. The show averaged 4.8 million daily viewers in its first season, according to Nielsen ratings.
3. “When it premiered 20 years ago, it went on to redefine what was possible in a kids’ show in terms of ratings, global appeal and pop-cultural relevance,” Elie Dekel, the president of Saban Brands, told Time magazine.
4. There have been more than 800 Power Rangers episodes and 18 different series.
5. Good job, Power Rangers, for making it this long.
- President Obama said that he was "deeply disturbed" by the video showing the police shooting of black teenager Laquan McDonald in Chicago. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›