1. The first episode of Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers aired on Aug. 28, 1993.
Michael Loccisano / AP
2. The show averaged 4.8 million daily viewers in its first season, according to Nielsen ratings.
Andrew H. Walker / Getty
3. “When it premiered 20 years ago, it went on to redefine what was possible in a kids’ show in terms of ratings, global appeal and pop-cultural relevance,” Elie Dekel, the president of Saban Brands, told Time magazine.
Michael Loccisano / Getty
4. There have been more than 800 Power Rangers episodes and 18 different series.
5. Good job, Power Rangers, for making it this long.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, 24, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›