1. A group of black students at the UCLA School of Law create this video called “33,” a reference to the total number of black students in the school’s 1,100-member student body.
Black students make up 3% of the law school student body, as compared to 13% of the nation.
2. In the emotional video, the law students share stories about their continued frustrations with their experiences inside and outside the classroom.
“I am so tired of being on this campus everyday and having to plead my humanity, essentially, to other students. I feel like an outsider constantly. I don’t feel like at my own school I can solely focus on being a student.”
7. Watch the full video here:
- Super Bowl 50 catch-up: The Denver Broncos upset the Carolina Panthers. And Beyoncé slayed her half-time show 🏈 👑
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."