1. Inspired by Dalí “Lobster Telephone” (Aphrodisiac telephone), designer Elliot Gorham created this modern adaptation.
2. Dalí explains in The Secret Life of Salvador Dalí, “I do not understand why, when I ask for a grilled lobster in a restaurant, I am never served a cooked telephone.”
“I do not understand why champagne is always chilled, and why, on the other hand, telephones, which are habitually so frightfully warm and disagreeably sticky to the touch, are not also put in silver buckets with crushed ice around them.”
3. Elliot Graham elaborates on some of his thoughts behind the adaptation:
Unlike the typical phone case, it doesn’t offer functionality of protection and style…The ‘Lobster Mobile Telephone Case’ presents itself as a deterrent through its awkward and inoperative design. Resulting in minimal enjoyment of function, zero fashion credibility and lastly, reduced mobility for the user.
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- Super Bowl 50 recap: The Denver Broncos upset the Carolina Panthers. And Beyoncé slayed her half-time show 🏈 👑