1. The future is here. You’re an “adult” now, apparently.
Art by Sarah See Andersen.
2. Even though you don’t really know what that means.
Art by Wendy Xu
3. It can be kind of a sweet deal.
Art by Adam Sandiford.
4. You get to spend your time however you want.
Art by Justin Boyd.
5. Seriously, you can just do whatever you want.
Art by Randall Munroe.
6. You have the freedom to redefine your world. Things like “breakfast” and “well-rounded” meal.
Art by J. L. Westover.
8. You also develop a deeper emotional maturity.
Art by Tumblr user Star Fleet Rambo.
9. And you’ll get better at dealing with self doubt.
11. Let’s be honest, you also just get better at being lazy.
Art by Jim Benton.
12. It’s also a time of a lot of uncertainty. And it can be hard to pretend you’ve got it all together.
Art by Ryan Dow.
13. You will feel bursts of existential anxiety in between the most mundane of tasks.
Art by Box Brown.
14. But while your new adult perspective may be bittersweet…
Art by Caroline.
15. …don’t let that take away from the fact that the world is still full of beauty and magic.
Art by Hugh.
16. Oh and, FYI, this is only one stage of adulthood…
Art by Caldwell Tanner.
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›