1. The future is here. You’re an “adult” now, apparently.
Art by Sarah See Andersen.
2. Even though you don’t really know what that means.
Art by Wendy Xu
4. You get to spend your time however you want.
Art by Justin Boyd.
6. You have the freedom to redefine your world. Things like “breakfast” and “well-rounded” meal.
Art by J. L. Westover.
8. You also develop a deeper emotional maturity.
Art by Tumblr user Star Fleet Rambo.
9. And you’ll get better at dealing with self doubt.
11. Let’s be honest, you also just get better at being lazy.
Art by Jim Benton.
12. It’s also a time of a lot of uncertainty. And it can be hard to pretend you’ve got it all together.
Art by Ryan Dow.
13. You will feel bursts of existential anxiety in between the most mundane of tasks.
Art by Box Brown.
14. But while your new adult perspective may be bittersweet…
Art by Caroline.
15. …don’t let that take away from the fact that the world is still full of beauty and magic.
Art by Hugh.
16. Oh and, FYI, this is only one stage of adulthood…
Art by Caldwell Tanner.
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›