We recently asked BuzzFeed’s Community which fictional locale they’d want to live in. These are the top responses.
1. King’s Landing, Game of Thrones
If you’re going to be living in wildly violent times, you might as well do it in somewhere as gorgeous as King’s Landing.
2. Hogwarts, The Harry Potter Series
If you aren’t still waiting for your acceptance letter you’ve simply given up on your dreams.
3. South Park, South Park
OK, so there really is a place called South Park, Colorado, but it’s not like we can go to the cartoon one…
4. Atlantis, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Atlantis is an island beneath the ocean. It’s gorgeous and I’m pretty sure you could lay out without getting a sunburn there.
5. Who-ville, How The Grinch Stole Christmas
There’s not much to complain about in a town as happy as Who-ville! It’s a grammar geeks dream, lots of rhyming, so many puns to be made!
6. Emerald City, The Wizard of Oz
The glistening gold of the yellow brick road leading into the gorgeously green Emerald city is captivating and seems like a wonderful place to live!
7. The Island, Lost
While you might not want to be stranded there forever, a nice extended vacation would suffice.
8. Neverland, Peter Pan
It’s a place filled with adventure, mermaids, and fairies! However, the best part is that YOU NEVER HAVE TO GROW UP! Sign me up please.
9. Bikini Bottom, Spongebob Squarepants
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea!? Well damn. I wish it was me!
10. The Shire, The Hobbit, An Unexpected Journey
With all the natural beauty and peacefulness of the shire, who could blame Bilbo Baggins for not wanting to leave?
11. Halloween Town, The Nightmare Before Christmas
Is Halloween your favorite holiday? Well then living in Halloween Town with Jack Skellington must sound like a wonderful plan!
12. Storybrooke, Once Upon A Time
Maybe not at first when it was a town under a curse, but afterwards it seems pretty awesome to live in a town with all of those fairytale characters!
13. Cloud City, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
This is pretty self explanatory, don’t you think? Living in the clouds? Awesome.
14. Narnia, The Chronicles of Narnia Series
First things first, you go through a secret wardrobe to get to Narnia. If that weren’t enough to make you want to live there, don’t forget about the majestic scenery and talking animals!
15. Stars Hollow, Gilmore Girls
You know you’re still wishing you could grab a coffee from Luke or study for finals with Rory in Stars Hollow.
16. Tree Hill, One Tree Hill
A small town filled with drama, gorgeous people, and an awesome basketball court, what more could you want?
(PS - you could always just move to Wilmington, NC but it’s not quite the same thing.)
17. Orbit City, The Jetsons
Housekeepers on wheels and giant floating buildings? I mean, I don’t know about you but I’m ready for my floating car.
18. Arendelle, Frozen
The fabulous Queen Elsa of Arendelle can help cool you down when things get too hot in the summer! If you love skiing, snow, and all things winter this is an ideal place for you to live.
19. Pawnee, Parks and Recreation
There might be an abundance of scary raccoons and people that are pretty overweight and opinionated, but anywhere that Leslie Knope is planning events and eating waffles at JJ’s Diner is I want to be.
20. TARDIS, Doctor Who
Helllooooo you can travel through time (and space)! Enough said.
21. Hundred Acre Wood, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
A pretty peaceful town filled with great animal friends, specifically Winnie the Pooh. You could live off of honey and vegetables from Rabbit’s garden! Easy decision.
22. Quahog, Family Guy
Quahog seems like a lot of fun! Lots of nonsense goes on with Peter Griffin and if all else fails you could always grab a beer and chill at the The Drunken Clam.
23. Pandora, Avatar
Pandora is probably a combination of all of the most beautiful places you could think of rolled up into one glowing, fantastic location. Luckily we’ll soon be able to visit a recreation of the planet at Disney’s animal kingdom!
24. Wonderland, Alice in Wonderland
Care to spend a day among the flowers? Maybe you’d rather celebrate a very merry unbirthday at a tea party? Or you could battle it out with the Queen of Hearts! Wonderland is the place to be.
25. Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood
Settle in for some good advice, snacks, nap time, and bonding time with good ol’ Mister Rogers! Seems like a very lovely place to live.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›