1. There’s one of these signs in every subway station in New York City.
2. If you pay attention, you’ll see that the conductors point at them at every stop.
3. Here’s why:
TL;DR version: It’s to make sure the conductor is paying attention and that the train is stopped at the right place.
4. So what happens when you do this?
5. The result is pretty great.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.
- The deadline for a deal on Iran's nuclear program was extended again, to the end of the week.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.