1. Residents of Ibi, Spain, take part in an annual Dec. 28 flour fight as part of the Els Enfarinats festival.
2. On the morning of Dec. 28, a group of married men called “Les Enfarinats” take control of the town. There’s a race for mayor of the day and everything.
3. The group imposes a bunch of absurd laws.
4. Anyone who breaks the rules gets “fined.”
5. Another group, La Oposicio, tries to restore order.
7. In the meantime, everyone throws flour on each other.
8. And eggs.
11. At 5 p.m., the Els Enfarinats lose their rule.
13. The collected “fines” are donated to local charities.
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit in Paris could be a "turning point" in saving the planet 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›