1. Residents of Ibi, Spain, take part in an annual Dec. 28 flour fight as part of the Els Enfarinats festival.
2. On the morning of Dec. 28, a group of married men called “Les Enfarinats” take control of the town. There’s a race for mayor of the day and everything.
3. The group imposes a bunch of absurd laws.
4. Anyone who breaks the rules gets “fined.”
5. Another group, La Oposicio, tries to restore order.
7. In the meantime, everyone throws flour on each other.
8. And eggs.
11. At 5 p.m., the Els Enfarinats lose their rule.
13. The collected “fines” are donated to local charities.
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲