1. Betty Halbreich is “the queen mother of personal shoppers.”
According to a 1998 New York magazine profile.
2. And now, Lena Dunham and “Girls” executive producer Jenni Konner are making a show about her for HBO.
HBO optioned Halbreich’s forthcoming memoir, All Dressed Up And Everywhere To Go. Dunham and Konner, who’ve led the Girls writing team, will be in charge of the script.
3. Halbreich runs her own personal styling business out of Bergdorf Goodman, the high-end New York department store.
She works out of the store’s third floor. The business is called Betty Halbreich’s Solutions.
4. She was involved, fashion-wise, with another well-known HBO show about women in New York City. Perhaps you’ve heard of it?
She’s credited with “helping design the signature look for Sex And The City”.
5. Meryl Streep was among her clients.
According to this New Yorker profile.
6. As was Liza Minelli.
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit in Paris could be a "turning point" in saving the planet 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›