1. Betty Halbreich is “the queen mother of personal shoppers.”
According to a 1998 New York magazine profile.
2. And now, Lena Dunham and “Girls” executive producer Jenni Konner are making a show about her for HBO.
HBO optioned Halbreich’s forthcoming memoir, All Dressed Up And Everywhere To Go. Dunham and Konner, who’ve led the Girls writing team, will be in charge of the script.
3. Halbreich runs her own personal styling business out of Bergdorf Goodman, the high-end New York department store.
She works out of the store’s third floor. The business is called Betty Halbreich’s Solutions.
4. She was involved, fashion-wise, with another well-known HBO show about women in New York City. Perhaps you’ve heard of it?
She’s credited with “helping design the signature look for Sex And The City”.
5. Meryl Streep was among her clients.
According to this New Yorker profile.
6. As was Liza Minelli.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️