1. Betty Halbreich is “the queen mother of personal shoppers.”
According to a 1998 New York magazine profile.
2. And now, Lena Dunham and “Girls” executive producer Jenni Konner are making a show about her for HBO.
HBO optioned Halbreich’s forthcoming memoir, All Dressed Up And Everywhere To Go. Dunham and Konner, who’ve led the Girls writing team, will be in charge of the script.
3. Halbreich runs her own personal styling business out of Bergdorf Goodman, the high-end New York department store.
She works out of the store’s third floor. The business is called Betty Halbreich’s Solutions.
4. She was involved, fashion-wise, with another well-known HBO show about women in New York City. Perhaps you’ve heard of it?
She’s credited with “helping design the signature look for Sex And The City”.
5. Meryl Streep was among her clients.
According to this New Yorker profile.
6. As was Liza Minelli.
- Thirty-one people are dead after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.