1. 1937: Women march in Washington supporting the Equal Rights Amendment.
2. 1946: Women from the United Electrical Workers on strike for equal pay in Pittsburgh.
3. 1963: Women celebrate with John F. Kennedy as he signs the Equal Pay Act.
5. 1968: Women bus conductors protest for equal rights at work.
11. 2009: Lilly Ledbetter watches as President Obama signs the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
JIM BOURG / Reuters
12. 2007: Hillary Clinton speaks at a rally for Equal Pay Day.
Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images
In The News Today
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan acknowledged that American forces mistakenly struck a hospital in Kunduz, killing 22 people. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›