1. 1937: Women march in Washington supporting the Equal Rights Amendment.
2. 1946: Women from the United Electrical Workers on strike for equal pay in Pittsburgh.
3. 1963: Women celebrate with John F. Kennedy as he signs the Equal Pay Act.
5. 1968: Women bus conductors protest for equal rights at work.
8. 1971: Betty Friedan leads women supporting equal rights for women.
9. 2001: Women protest Walmart’s discrimination against women.
10. 2008: Lilly Ledbetter speaks at the Rally For Pay Equity.
11. 2009: Lilly Ledbetter watches as President Obama signs the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
12. 2007: Hillary Clinton speaks at a rally for Equal Pay Day.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›