1. 1937: Women march in Washington supporting the Equal Rights Amendment.
2. 1946: Women from the United Electrical Workers on strike for equal pay in Pittsburgh.
3. 1963: Women celebrate with John F. Kennedy as he signs the Equal Pay Act.
5. 1968: Women bus conductors protest for equal rights at work.
11. 2009: Lilly Ledbetter watches as President Obama signs the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
JIM BOURG / Reuters
12. 2007: Hillary Clinton speaks at a rally for Equal Pay Day.
Chip Somodevilla / Getty Images
In The News Today
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›
- President Obama stepped up his climate change campaign on Monday while touring the Alaskan Arctic, warning that it's "almost too late" to stop global warming. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›