1. You Can’t Say That On Television
This show made everyone hate the school cafeteria even more than they already did. It also made me pack my lunch for the rest of my life.
2. The Powerpuff Girls
Admittedly, this show was a relatively normal kids program. But I’ll just say this clip is how my parents may or may not have explained President Clinton’s affair to using this clip.
3. Rocko’s Modern Life
Now don’t get me wrong, I loved Rocko’s Modern Life just as much as the next kid, but this show had some preeettttyy questionable moments. I mean, I know this scene is all LOLs, but it’s pretty clearly gay bashing for children.
4. Cow and Chicken
This Cartoon Network show had so much WTF it’s hard to say which episodes didn’t creep me out as a kid.
5. Doctor Who
Dr. Who still makes me hide behind my couch.
6. Courage the Cowardly Dog
Courage the Cowardly Dog was like a bad acid trip for children. That creepy sitar music haunts me to this day.
7. Barney and Friends
This song on repeat is terrifying. And the fact that I had this on all the time is probably why I have problems saying “I love you” to anyone.
8. Are You Afraid of the Dark
Because of AYAD, I have a crippling fear of clowns. But that could also be attributed to my great-grandmother’s extensive clown collection. Both these were equally scarring.
9. Ren and Stimpy
This show scared the shit out of me as a kid. It scared the shit out of me and I still watched it. Thank you for making me a child masochist!
Just…everything about this show.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.