1. Snow White runs around after four kids while her Prince gets comfy with a beer.
Photographer Dina Goldstein explained to Cargoh.com that the idea for Fallen Princesses came from struggles in her personal life.
Goldstein grew up in 1970s Israel, in a world unexposed to Disney’s Princesses.
In an interview with Cargoh.com, she explained “Jordan, my daughter, was three at the time and was just starting to get into the ‘Princess phase’. Just around the same time my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. The two events collided and made me wonder what a Princesses would look like if she had to battle a disease, struggle financially or deal with ageing.”
6. Jasmine battles on the front line.
Dina told Cargoh.com that this was one of her most controversial images from the series. “Some accused me of placing the Middle Eastern Princess as a terrorist. My intention was to display her strength and courage. She is a a warrior, fighting on the front lines, just as so many woman are today in Iraq.”
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- The four members of British indie band Viola Beach and their manager are believed to have died in a car crash in Sweden.
- And U.S. Republican presidential candidates had their nastiest debate yet in South Carolina last night 🇺🇸